HTRI's research program focuses on industry trends (e.g., lowering carbon footprint or assessing new technologies) and addresses gaps or areas where we need to learn more in process heat transfer (e.g., off-design performance).
After summarizing the results from our research over the past year, this webinar provides insights into how these results improve our technology and its use by HTRI members. Topics include
- prediction of hot air recirculation for air coolers
- development of new non-Newtonian heat transfer correlations
- modification of tubeside falling film heat transfer and pressure drop methods
- evaluation of kettle entrainment using computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- review of developments in coatings for heat transfer surfaces
- advances in crude oil fouling research
The session updates information originally presented at the 2020 Global Conference in addition to presenting new research initiatives.