Personal Information We Collect.
A. Information You Give Us
We may collect certain information about you and your use of the Site using tracking technologies or other passive means to help us improve our products and your experience when accessing our Site. We also may ask you to submit personal information such as credit card information to pay for products and services, or your employer information like address, job title, and work phone number to verify your member company affiliation or to register for an HTRI event. We may also collect information to comply with government regulations. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us. This information may include:
- Registration Information: You may be required to provide information such as your name, employer, employer address, work phone number, work email address.
- Payment Information: You may be required to provide payment information in the form of credit and/or debit card information so that we may process the transaction.
- User Testimonials: You may choose to provide us with user testimonials. This information may be made public to users of the Site and other third parties.
- Additional Information: Additional information you provide to us may include your feedback, messages, emails, and answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit, as well as any contact information you provide in order to receive updates from us.
B. Location Information.
We may collect your IP address which could provide us with general information about your location.
C. Automated Information Collection
Automated information collection includes “passively collected” information that is, but not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our Site and Services.
- Location Information. We may receive location data passed to us from location-enabled devices or that you have enabled, from your browser, or from third party services.
- URLs. When you visit or access the Site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we send to determine which email messages were opened.
- Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Site and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
How We Use Your Information.
We may share personal information collected through the Site in the circumstances described below. Personal information may be transferred and/or accessed in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including the United States. Please note that your information will not be considered subject to any obligation of confidentiality.
- We may use such information to provide you with the requested information, goods, services, or materials, for internal research, for marketing and data analysis, to send you updates and news concerning HTRI and its business partners, and better assist you with any future requirements.
- It is our policy not to disclose, sell, or market your personal information to any unaffiliated third party without your prior permission. However, we may transfer or disclose your information to our staff, partners, contractors, and suppliers, subject to use as outlined in this policy.
- You agree that any ideas, material, or content submitted on or through this Site becomes the sole property of HTRI, and HTRI has no obligation of confidentiality nor are we responsible for any claims of infringement or misappropriation that may result from any submission.
- We may disclose your information to any person, specifically to any governmental agency, without notice, if we in good faith believe that such is required in order to comply with law, to protect HTRI interests including this Site, and in response to any emergency situation.
- We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
How You May Review and Correct Your Collected Personal Information. You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, without the information, we may not be able to provide to you some products and services. At any time you may contact us at ContractOfficer@htri.net, requesting to review your personal information, if any, which we may have collected, and request that your personal information be corrected, supplemented, or permanently deleted from our systems.
No Warranties. We employ reasonable security precautions to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Site. Due to the numerous technical and operational uncertainties, we cannot make any warranty, guarantee or representation concerning the accuracy, thoroughness, completeness, or currency of your information, nor over our ability to control, correct, access, handle, process, use, store or transfer such information, and all such warranties are hereby disclaimed.
Protection of Your Personal Information. While we strive to undertake appropriate and reasonable measures to safeguard your information, please remember that, due to the many technical uncertainties, complete security of Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, you understand and agree that HTRI is unable to provide any warranty, guarantee, or representation concerning the protection of your information or concerning the existence or effectiveness of any security measures undertaken. HTRI will not be liable for any claims, losses, or damages resulting from access by an unauthorized third party, or the introduction of viruses, worms, or other harmful elements into the system and their possible effects on personal information contained on the Site.
Data Protection Directive. The Site is currently hosted in the United States but that may change without notice to you. You have the right to obtain certain information about the processing of your personal data through a Subject Access Request (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) by emailing us at GDPR@htri.net. In circumstances where the processing of your personal data is not in compliance with applicable national data protection laws, you may also request rectification, erasure, or blocking of your personal data. We will not keep or process your personal data for longer than is necessary. However, if we retain your personal data, we will continue to keep it in accordance with any applicable statutory or professional retention periods.
We transfer personal data to third parties using secure methods. For purposes of this clause, “transfers of personal data" means any sharing of personal data by us with a third party, including but not limited to the following:
(a) storing personal data on servers outside the EEA,
(b) subcontracting the processing of personal data to data processors located outside the EEA, and
(c) granting to third parties located outside the EEA access rights to the personal data.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL HTRI, AND ITS STAFF, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, INSURERS AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY COSTS, DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), OR LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, RESULTING FROM THE COLLECTION, USE, TRANSFER, PROCESSING, HANDLING, CONTENT, OR STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OBTAINED OR SUBMITTED BY YOU RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THIS SITE.
Minors. Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of majority in the country in which they reside) not submit any personal information to us.
Revision Date: 5/21/2018