Analyze vibration potential of individual tubes
Xvib® performs flow-induced vibration analysis of a single tube in a heat exchanger bundle. The program uses a rigorous structural analysis approach to calculate the tube natural frequencies for the first and higher modes and can properly handle any tube support arrangement.
Use Xvib in standalone mode or generate cases automatically from Xist® for shell-and-tube heat exchangers.
- Xvib calculates first and higher mode frequencies for straight and U-tubes.
- Tube deflections are calculated using finite element structural analysis methods.
- Fluidelastic instability and vortex shedding vibration mechanisms are analyzed.
- Static deflections for up to 15 modes of vibration can be calculated.
- Program uses the familiar Xchanger Suite® interface and allows you to create cases directly from Xist runs.
- Both input and output support multiple unit sets, and custom unit sets can be defined.
- Plain or low-fin tubes
- Supports at any location on the tube or in the U-bend
- Tubesheet, baffle, U-bend, DTS™, and STS™ support types
- Up to 99 spans per tube
- Built-in databank for standard low-fin geometries
- Rigorous calculation of tube natural frequency, up to first fifteen (15) modes
- Fluidelastic instability and vortex shedding vibration mechanisms
- Each span divided into multiple (5) elements
- Placement of multiple spans between supports for increased detail in analysis
- Summary report that indicates both the mode and span with vibration trouble spots in the tube
- Detailed vortex shedding report that details static deflection at every node of tube
- Detailed critical velocity report that provides ratio of local to critical velocity at every node of tube
- Selectable font sizes to make reports easy to view
- Extensive set of spreadsheet-style output reports that can be printed or exported to Microsoft® Excel®
- Customizable unit sets that can be changed dynamically as you work
- Span profile drawing with location of all supports
- Tube layout drawing that indicates which tube in bundle is being modeled
- Tube displacement graph that identifies relative deflections for all calculated modes of vibration
- Velocity profile graph that lets you visualize input data