Xjpe | HTRI
Model jacketed-pipe (double-pipe) exchangers
A fully incremental program, Xjpe® contains HTRI’s latest pointwise methods based on extensive tubeside condensation, boiling, and single-phase data. As part of our ongoing research program, we continually improve and extend the heat transfer and pressure drop correlations in our software. And because it is part of Xchanger Suite®, Xjpe lets you quickly transfer applicable case data to other components like Xist® or Xhpe®.
- Xjpe provides flexible specification of detailed exchanger geometry.
- 2D incrementation calculates localized profiles for heat transfer and pressure drop.
- Detailed output reports provide overall and localized results.
- Extensive visualization tools show exactly how the exchanger is performing.
- Integrated physical property system eliminates requirement for additional property generation software. Xchanger Suite includes VMGThermo™, an extensive and rigorous fluid physical property generator, from Virtual Materials Group, Inc.
- Xjpe integrates with other engineering tools such as process simulators and mechanical design software.
- Both input and output support multiple unit sets, and custom unit sets can be defined.
- Plain and longitudinal-finned tubes
- Twisted tapes and internal microfins
- Horizontal, inclined, and vertical orientations
- Single exchanger, exchangers in series, exchangers in parallel, and series/parallel combinations
- Integrated graphical nozzle location tool
- Benefit from rigorous heat transfer and pressure drop calculations performed using a 2D incrementation scheme to divide the exchanger into a large number of zones
- Specify known process information (temperature, weight fraction vapor, and/or flowrates), and the program calculates any missing information
- Select from rating (known duty and geometry), simulation (unknown duty and known geometry), and design (known duty and unknown geometry) modes
- Specify your own safety factors and heat transfer coefficients
- Grid design options to vary geometry over user-specified ranges and step sizes
- Design constraints to prevent selection of undesirable designs
- Design grid to keep all alternative designs at your fingertips
- Extensive set of spreadsheet-style output reports that can be printed or exported to Microsoft® Excel®
- Summary reports with overall results in one or two pages
- Detailed reports for local profiles of all important parameters (temperature, pressure, heat transfer coefficients, heat flux, etc.)
- Selectable font sizes to make reports easy to view
- Customizable unit sets that can be changed dynamically as you work
- 2D and 3D scaled drawings provide visual confirmation of exchanger geometry
- Plots of local performance variables allow you to quickly spot any performance issues such as an internal temperature pinch
- Flow regime map provides regime visualization for two-phase process streams