Rate, simulate, and design single and multitube hairpin exchangers
Xhpe® is an incremental program that contains HTRI’s latest pointwise methods based on extensive shellside and tubeside condensation, boiling, and single-phase data. The heat transfer and pressure drop correlations are continually improved as a result of our ongoing research.
As a module in Xchanger Suite®, Xhpe lets you quickly transfer applicable case data to other components like Xist®.
- Provides flexible specification of detailed exchanger geometry.
- 3D incrementation calculates localized profiles for heat transfer and pressure drop.
- Integrated tube layout tool allows complete customization of layout and is based on a full ASME mechanical design.
- Detailed output reports provide both overall and localized results.
- Extensive visualization tools show exactly how the exchanger is performing.
- Integrated physical property system eliminates requirement for additional property generation software. Xchanger Suite includes VMGThermo™, an extensive and rigorous fluid physical property generator from Virtual Materials Group, Inc.
- Includes built-in interface to most process simulators and mechanical design software.
- Can be embedded as a unit operation in any process simulator supporting CAPE-OPEN.
- Both input and output can be displayed in multiple unit sets, including user-defined sets. Dynamic display of values in all unit sets.
- Plain, low-finned, and longitudinal-finned tubes
- Twisted tape inserts and internal microfin tubes
- Single-segmental, double-segmental, and non-baffled configurations
- Single shell, shells in series, shells in parallel, and series/parallel combinations
- Integrated graphical tube layout tool
- Rigorous heat transfer and pressure drop calculations using a 3D incrementation scheme that divides the exchanger into a large number of zones
- Flexible process input allowing specification of known process information (temperature, weight fraction vapor, and/or flowrates) with the program calculating missing information based on energy balance
- Three modes: rating (known duty and geometry), simulation (unknown duty and known geometry), and design (known duty and unknown geometry)
- Optional specification of heat transfer coefficients and safety factors
- Grid design option to vary geometry over user-specified ranges and step sizes
- Design constraints to prevent selection of undesirable designs
- Design view to display all alternative designs and to allow sorting and filtering of results
- Option to create new case from any alternative design
- Extensive set of spreadsheet-style output reports can be printed or exported to Microsoft® Excel®
- Summary reports with overall results in one or two pages
- Detailed reports for local profiles of all important parameters (temperature, pressure, heat transfer coefficients, heat flux, etc.)
- 2D and 3D scaled drawings provide visual confirmation of exchanger geometry, allowing for quick identification of performance issues
- Tube layout drawing illustrates exact tube placement
- User-defined graphs for easy accessibility