Xhpe | HTRI
Model single and multitube hairpin exchangers
A fully incremental program, Xhpe® contains HTRI’s latest pointwise methods based on extensive shellside and tubeside condensation, boiling, and single-phase data. As part of our ongoing research program, we continually improve and extend the heat transfer and pressure drop correlations in our software. And because it is part of Xchanger Suite®, Xhpe lets you quickly transfer applicable case data to other components like Xist®.
- Xhpe provides flexible specification of detailed exchanger geometry.
- 3D incrementation calculates localized profiles for heat transfer and pressure drop.
- Integrated tube layout tool allows complete customization of layout and is based on a full ASME mechanical design.
- Detailed output reports provide overall and localized results.
- Extensive visualization tools show exactly how exchanger is performing.
- Integrated physical property system eliminates requirement for additional property generation software. Xchanger Suite includes VMGThermo™, an extensive and rigorous fluid physical property generator, from Virtual Materials Group, Inc.
- Xhpe integrates with other engineering tools such as process simulators and mechanical design software.
- Both input and output support multiple unit sets, and custom unit sets can be defined.
- Plain, low-finned, and longitudinal-finned tubes
- Twisted tape inserts and internal microfin tubes
- Single and double segmental as well as non-baffled configurations
- Single shell, shells in series, shells in parallel, and series/parallel combinations
- Integrated graphical tube layout tool
- Benefit from rigorous heat transfer and pressure drop calculations performed using a 3D incrementation scheme to divide the exchanger into a large number of zones
- Specify known process information (temperature, weight fraction vapor, and/or flowrates), and the program calculates any missing information
- Select from rating (known duty and geometry), simulation (unknown duty and known geometry), and design (known duty and unknown geometry) modes
- Specify your own safety factors and heat transfer coefficients
- Grid design options to vary geometry over user-specified ranges and step sizes
- Design constraints to prevent selection of undesirable designs
- Design grid to keep all alternative designs at your fingertips
- Extensive set of spreadsheet-style output reports that can be printed or exported to Microsoft® Excel®
- Summary reports with overall results in one or two pages
- Detailed reports for local profiles of all important parameters (temperature, pressure, heat transfer coefficients, heat flux, etc.)
- Selectable font sizes to make reports easy to view
- Customizable unit sets that can be changed dynamically as you work
- 2D and 3D scaled drawings provide visual confirmation of exchanger geometry
- 2D and 3D plots of local performance variables allow you to quickly spot any performance issues such as an internal temperature pinch
- A tube layout drawing illustrating exact tube placements is also available in input for user-specified layouts