Performance monitoring and predictive maintenance software for shell-and-tube heat exchanger networks
SmartPMTM simulates complex networks of shell-and-tube heat exchangers to help engineers and plant operators manage fouling. Used in exchanger networks such as refinery preheat trains, SmartPM predicts future performance, including the effects of fouling build-up, and can help achieve energy savings and maintain throughput.
Combining HTRI’s single- and two-phase detailed exchanger analysis methods with advanced techniques for exchanger network simulation makes SmartPM the most robust, validated thermohydraulic simulator of its type.
With one of the three SmartPM modules, you can
|Build a heat exchanger network model||●|
|Import Xist® exchanger models||●|
|Reconcile plant monitoring data||●||●|
|Create fouling models using reconciled data||●|
|Simulate network performance with fouling considerations||●||●|
|Develop cleaning schedules with fouling considerations||●||●|
|Explore retrofit options to enhance heat recovery||●|
|Export Xist exchanger models – populated with plant data and calculated performance parameters||●|
|Explore network performance improvements of revamp and network structure modifications and quantify economic benefits||●|
|Store all model data, including plant measurements and exchanger performance predictions, in built-in data historian||●|
|View all imported and calculated data in locked network models||●||●||●|
Version 3.1 features extended functionality and improved reporting
- expands reporting capabilities with a performance dashboard displaying historic performance data for individual shells and the entire network in terms of fouling costs, exchanger status, network efficiency, cleaning, and components
- extends HTRI methods for calculation of two-phase film heat transfer coefficients and pressure drops
- advances usability with editable tables of geometry values, display of component names on graphs, specification of separate inlet/outlet nozzle diameters, and addition of tube wall material specification
- estimates historic daily fouling costs with normalized furnace inlet temperature (NFIT) calculation
- includes the ModelView module as an option for displaying all historic and predicted data within a locked network model
Contact SmartPM@htri.net for more information.