HTRI Event Terms and Conditions
Policies current as of August 31, 2020
These HTRI Event Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) are the terms governing your attendance and participation in any HTRI meeting, training, or other HTRI sponsored activity (“Event”) offered in person or virtually via web-based mechanisms. The person attending the Event is referred to as “Participant” or a variant of the pronoun “you” in this Agreement. Your registration and full payment entitle you to admittance to the Event for which you have registered. Your registration indicates your acceptance of this Agreement, which forms a binding contract between HTRI and you. If you are registering on behalf of another, it is your responsibility to ensure the Participant is aware of these terms and accepts them.
- Registration deadlines are noted in the specific Event information on the HTRI website.
- Onsite Event registration is not available.
- To qualify for any offered early registration discount, you must register and pay by the early registration deadline noted on the Event webpage.
- All modifications to an existing registration must be requested in writing to: Registration@htri.net.
- No refunds are provided if you do not attend the Event.
- Substitutions are permitted if you notify HTRI in writing at Registration@htri.net at least five (5) days prior to the event unless the substitution is to a person already attending a different session at the same event.
- Payment is required prior to attending the Event. Registration is not complete until HTRI receives your payment.
- You may pay by credit card or you may print an official invoice to pay by check or bank transfer. (If you select the invoice option, it is your responsibility to submit the invoice for payment within your company and ensure HTRI receives payment prior to the registration deadline.)
- The terms of this Agreement prevail over any terms contained in a purchase order issued for HTRI products or the Event. If HTRI signs or takes any other action based on Participant’s purchase order, Participant acknowledges and agrees that HTRI’s actions are an accommodation for Participant’s administrative requirements and does not signify HTRI’s agreement to any terms and conditions contained in any purchase order which vary, conflict with, or impose additional obligations to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to Registration@htri.net.
- Full refund – cancellation received prior to the registration deadline. You may apply your refund to an upcoming HTRI event occurring within 12 months of the original event.
- No refund – cancellation received after the registration deadline.
Photo, Video, and Recording Notice
- By attending the Event you hereby grant HTRI the right, at the Event, to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or payment to you. This grant to HTRI includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
- Participants may not photograph, video record, or audio record the Event or any portion of the Event without the prior written consent of HTRI.
Cancellation or Postponement by HTRI
If on the rare occasion HTRI cancels or postpones the Event, Participant may choose one of the following remedial options. HTRI does not provide refunds for airfare, transportation, or hotel cancellation costs; these are the responsibility of the Participant.
- full refund of the registration fee
- application of registration fee to another Event occurring within 12 months
- attendance of the rescheduled event (if the event is postponed)
HTRI intends the Event to provide an enriching, positive experience for all attendees. Participants are expected to be respectful of others and avoid discriminatory or disruptive behavior. You acknowledge and agree that HTRI reserves the right to remove and/or block a Participant from the Event if HTRI, in its sole discretion, determines Participant’s presence or behavior creates a disruption or hinders the Event or the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees.
Attendees who require an entry visa to the country where the Event takes place should allow sufficient time for the application procedure; failure to obtain a visa in advance of the Event does not constitute a valid basis for obtaining a refund. HTRI can prepare a support letter for your visa application upon your written request to Registration@htri.net. HTRI will not contact embassies or consulates on behalf of visa applicants or provide any other assistance relating to visa issues.
Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
Technical and business information provided or discussed during the Event may be copyrighted, confidential, and/or proprietary to HTRI or its members. Such information may not be disclosed to third parties without HTRI’s written consent. You may not copy (including by screen capture or any other method), modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way exploit any copyrighted materials provided during the Event. In addition, you may not permit anyone else to access, copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way exploit any copyrighted materials provided during the Event. Your login details are personal to you; you may not share your personal account or login information with any other person or entity; you may not broadcast or otherwise display the Event to a group within your organization unless those viewing the Event have also registered and paid the associated Event fees.
The Event is provided “as-is.” HTRI makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to any aspect of the Event or any materials related to or offered at the Event. HTRI does not warrant you will have unrestricted access to the Event due to force majeure, power outages, or other actions outside HTRI’s control. Your access may also be interrupted due to software issues, server downtime, increased internet traffic, programming errors, regular maintenance, and other related reasons. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the system requirements for the Event, including compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, and internet service. HTRI, to the fullest extent possible under the laws of the State of Texas, USA, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. HTRI shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event, your participation, or any other aspect related to the Event or in connection with this Agreement. The maximum aggregate liability of HTRI for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), is limited to the return of the amount paid by you to HTRI under this Agreement.
By registering for the Event, you acknowledge and agree HTRI is not responsible or liable for any damage or claim of any type resulting from your participation in the Event and related activities. You hereby waive any and all claims or demands of any type against HTRI, its officers, employees, and directors, with respect to your Event participation. You also acknowledge and agree to adhere to the policies of the host hotel, meeting facility, or digital platform and understand that you are fully responsible and liable for any hotel or facility expenses accrued by you during your Event attendance.
This Agreement will be interpreted under the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America. If a part of this Agreement violates law, it will be narrowed by interpretation to the minimum extent necessary to avoid the illegality and will be given effect as fully and broadly as permitted by law. The invalidity, unenforceability, or waiver of part of this agreement will not affect the balance of the agreement.
This agreement and any amendments and addenda to it contains the entire understanding of the parties with respect to this Agreement and the Event. It supersedes all other written and oral agreements between the parties with respect to this subject matter.