HTRI Event Policies
Policies current as of May 29, 2014
Events are defined as face-to-face training, conferences, or sessions conducted over one or more business days.
The registration deadlines for all HTRI events are noted in the specific event information on the HTRI website. Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Onsite Registration Not Available
HTRI cannot accommodate onsite registration for events. However, registrants already attending an event who wish to attend another session during the same event may register onsite if space is available.*
Early Registration Discount
To qualify for a 10% early registration discount, HTRI must receive the registration and credit card payment by the early registration deadline noted on the event webpage.
All modifications to an existing registration must be made in writing to email@example.com.
Full payment is required of those who register but do not show up for any portion or all of the event, regardless of payment method (see Cancellation Policy).
- All cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full refunds are available for cancellations received at least 30 calendar days prior to an event. Alternatively, the registration fee may be applied to registration for another HTRI session within 12 months of the original event.
- A cancellation fee of $50 USD for each registered session will be deducted if you cancel less than 30 calendar days but before the cancellation deadline stated on the event website. However, the entire registration fee may be applied to another HTRI event occurring within 12 months of the date of the original event, with no penalty.
- No refunds are available if you:
- cancel after the registration deadline posted on the event website
- fail to show up
- do not attend all sessions
Registrants arriving late to an event may not be seated immediately if doing so would disrupt the event in progress. Partial refunds will not be granted for registrants who are late to an event.
Registrants may transfer their registration to another person from the same company up to five business days prior to the event. After that, we cannot accommodate substitutions unless the transfer is to a person already attending a different session at the same event.*
Cancellation or Postponement by HTRI
On rare occasions, HTRI may need to cancel or postpone an event. If this occurs, registrants may choose one of the following options:
- full refund of the registration fee
- application of registration fee to another HTRI event occurring within 12 months
- attendance of the rescheduled event (if the event is postponed)
Smoking, Tobacco Products, and E-cigarettes at Events
To help provide a healthy and comfortable learning environment, the use of any tobacco and e-cigarette product during HTRI events or on HTRI property is not permitted, except in designated areas. Event attendees who ignore this policy may be required to leave and are not eligible for refunds.
For HTRI events held at a third-party site, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not permitted in any HTRI scheduled sessions, presentations, breaks, meals, or receptions, regardless of local regulations.
Photo, Video, and Recordings Notice
All forms of photography, video, and audio recordings are prohibited without prior consent from HTRI. We frequently record and photograph events for use in HTRI products and services, for quality assurance, and for historical and promotional purposes. Additionally, events may be simulcast to other locations via a live video or audio feed. By registering for this event, you acknowledge and agree that your image and/or voice may be used by HTRI for these purposes.
HTRI Event Code of Conduct
HTRI conferences, events, and training are intended to provide an enriching, positive experience. All persons are expected to comply with this Code of Conduct while attending any event produced or conducted by HTRI. Your cooperation will create an environment of productive engagement, trust, honesty, and fair treatment for everyone, including attendees, staff, customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Attendees should contribute to an environment that supports a respectful and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, age, size, appearance, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, or religion.
- Rude, sexual, profane, or otherwise inappropriate statements of any type during a meeting or related activity, whether verbal, in writing, or online, will not be tolerated.
- Attendees should not intentionally interrupt or intrude on any ongoing session or event.
- Disruptive or harassing statements or questions during an event or related activity will not be tolerated.
Attendees determined by HTRI to be violating these rules may be removed from the specific session or expelled from the entire event without refund.
* This policy is necessary to provide us with sufficient time to comply with U.S. Federal export law. HTRI is required to compare registrant names against several lists of sanctioned countries and persons.