Careers - Associate Contract Officer
HTRI seeks an individual to work with Contract Officers to review and/or prepare contracts in which HTRI is the customer or vendor. In this team, this individual will help ensure that open contracts are properly monitored and closed out. This staff person will work from our Navasota, Texas headquarters.
- Work with Contract Officers to monitor compliance of external parties with all contract terms and receipt of expected products owed to HTRI; close out contracts according to guidelines or agreement.
- Work with Contract Officers to monitor compliance of HTRI with all contract terms and delivery of expected products owed to external parties; close out contracts according to guidelines or agreement.
- Develop and update policies, procedures, and forms for assigned contract activity.
- Develop and maintain database for assigned contract activity.
- Prepare monthly and special administrative analyses/summaries at the request of the supervisor, Director, and Officers.
- Prepare draft contracts based on HTRI standard templates for review and approval by Contract Officers.
- Review contracts received from third parties, noting items of concern based on HTRI standards; discuss issues with Contract Officer.
- BS or BA or equivalent years of experience
- Five years' experience in contract administration or operations management
- Good communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology and ability to comprehend and apply legal principles
- Knowledge of SAP Business One (preferred but not essential)
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Send résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
PO Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA
HTRI is a smoke-free/vaping-free workplace.