Course Fee: US$450
Discover how to use HTRI’s graphical tool for designing, rating, and simulating plate-and-frame heat exchangers. If you work only with plate-and-frame geometries, Xphe is the software for you.
In this workshop you learn how Xphe handles single- phase and two-phase heat transfer and pressure drop for many common plates and configurations. You’ll also leave with a better understanding of the analytical methods used in Xphe.
- Overview of Xphe capabilities and applications (single-plate types, multiple-plate types, frames in series, maldistribution)
- Geometry input for plate-and-frame heat exchangers
- Process specifications for rating, simulation, and design
- Guidelines for specifying fluid properties
- Introduction to HTRI analysis methods
Designers of plate-and-frame heat exchangers and process engineers who evaluate their performance