Careers - Test Engineer
Heat Transfer Research, Inc. (HTRI), the global leader in process heat transfer and heat exchanger technology, has an immediate opening for a Test Engineer. HTRI seeks an individual to prepare, execute, and document experiments in support of research objectives. An understanding of instrumentation, data acquisition systems, measurement uncertainties, and the principles of fluid mechanics and heat transfer is essential.
- Specify and upgrade required instrumentation for test units
- Determine measurement accuracy and uncertainties of temperature, pressure, pressure drop, flow rate, heat balance, and other parameters
- Oversee calibration of temperature and pressure measurement instruments for Research & Technology Center (RTC) test units
- Conduct experiments of single-phase and two-phase flow and heat transfer with and without phase change for different types of heat exchangers (including shell-and-tube and compact)
- Author test reports, documenting experimental research; assist with developing posters and presentations for the HTRI Global Conference
- Develop draft design, size, and cost of new test units for the RTC
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Preference for individual with understanding of instrumentation, data acquisition systems, measurement uncertainties, and the principles of fluid mechanics and heat transfer
Individual must already have authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Submit résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA
HTRI is a smoke-free/vaping-free workplace