Careers - Software Quality Assurance Specialist
HTRI seeks an individual to perform software quality assurance testing and ensure that quality standards for HTRI engineering software are maintained. This position is based in our Navasota, Texas headquarters.
- Create/document test plans for complete and accurate testing and debugging of software
- Identify and develop new approaches for software QA
- Perform QA checks on program code
- Perform ongoing QA testing, including pre-release testing, using automation techniques
- Test and verify existing software products and interfaces to third-party applications
- Draft of review all internal and end-user documentation, including design documents, help files, and release notes
- Identify, track, and resolve programming bugs; recommend, develop,and document workarounds for end-users
- Create, review, and/or track QA packages
- BS in computer science, mechanical or chemical engineering, or information systems management OR AAS and ten years of software QA experience
- Excellent database skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Preferred but not essential is three years' experience in QA for software engineering applications using Microsoft® Windows-based application development in C++, C#, VB, and FORTRAN.
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Send résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
PO Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA