Careers - Engineer, Software Development
This individual will develop, maintain, and enhance HTRI engineering software, including the user interfaces using a number of different technologies. In addition, this person will identify improvements to existing HTRI software (user interfaces and calculation engines).
- Develop, modify, and enhance the user interfaces of HTRI software
- Identify, track, and resolve programming bugs; develop and document workarounds for end-users
- Interact with engineers to devise how engineering methods are presented to users
- Write operating instructions and end-user program documentation, including online help; program, test, and modify code
- Develop, review, and implement quality control packages
- Perform ongoing quality assurance testing, including pre-release testing
- Document all modifications to software code and user interfaces
- Provide responses to technical inquiries related to software
- Customize TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- BS, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or BS, Computer Science
- Working knowledge of one or more of MFC, WPF, and WinForms
- Working knowledge of Windows programming and .Net programming
- Working knowledge of TFS
Preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of process heat exchangers
- Experience with numerical methods, simultaneous equations, and Fortran
- Experience with developing programming languages and compilers
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
This staff person will be expected to work from our Navasota, Texas headquarters.
If you have questions regarding this position, contact Carol Strukel or Kimberly Bishop in Human Resources at 979.690.5050.
Submit résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868