Careers - Engineer, Software Development
This individual will develop, maintain, and enhance HTRI engineering software, including calculation methods evolving from ongoing HTRI research.
- Develop, modify, and enhance HTRI software
- Identify, track, and resolve programming bugs; develop and document workarounds for end-users
- Use engineering expertise to plan and implement engineering methods into software modules
- Write operating instructions and end-user program documentation, including online help; program, test, and modify code
- Develop, review, and implement quality control packages
- Perform ongoing quality assurance testing, including pre-release testing
- Document all modifications to software code and user interfaces
- Provide responses to technical inquiries related to software
- BS, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or BS, Computer Science
- Working knowledge of one or more of Fortran, C/C++, C#, and VBA
Preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of process heat exchangers
- MS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with numerical methods, simultaneous equations, and solving engineering problems with modern processors or GPUs
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
This staff person will be expected to work from our Navasota, Texas headquarters.
If you have questions regarding this position, contact Carol Strukel or Kimberly Bishop in Human Resources at 979.690.5050.
Submit résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868