Careers - Engineer, Research (PhD)
Located at our Navasota headquarters, this person will manage and execute assigned HTRI research projects involving the acquisition of experimental data, analytical research, and the correlation of data related to crude oil and/or water fouling.
- Prepare project specifications for short- and long-range research projects. Draft schedules for assigned projects.
- Propose experimental program, as well as designs for new test units and for modification of existing test units. Identify and implement improvements in test techniques, as well as in test section design and measurement practices to increase the accuracy and reliability of data from fouling experiments.
- Execute experiments; collect and evaluate test data; prepare project progress reports and research test reports.
- Develop predictive fouling models which can be used by refineries to design heat exchangers and plan cleaning schedules.
- Provide accurate data and methods to produce software-based methods for process heat transfer equipment performance simulation.
- Respond to technical inquiries related to domain expertise.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other documentation to advance the field of fouling research.
- Execute contract research projects.
- Participate in the development of the fouling database.
Preferred but not essential
- Knowledge/background on heat transfer and fouling
- Knowledge of operations of process chemical or refining facilities
- PhD, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience
- Publication experience beyond dissertation
- Experience writing code to analyze data/solve problems (Python, MATLAB)
- Experimental research experience
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
If you have questions about this position, contact Carol Strukel or Kimberly Bishop in Human Resources at 979.690.5050.
Send résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
PO Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA
HTRI is a smoke-free/vaping-free workplace.