Careers - Engineer, Research
HTRI seeks an individual to work from our Navasota, Texas headquarters who will manage and execute assigned HTRI research projects involving the acquisition of experimental data, analytical research, and the correlation of data. Initial area of specialization is cooling water fouling, but responsibilities are expected to expand along with research needs.
- Identify potential short- and long-range research projects, prepare project specifications, and draft schedules for assigned projects.
- Propose experimental program, as well as designs for new test units and for modification of existing test units.
- Execute experiments; collect and evaluate test data to prepare project progress reports.
- Develop new correlations and design methods in heat transfer technology using test data and/or analytical models.
- Respond to technical inquiries related to domain expertise.
- Write HTRI technical reports, Design Manual sections, and newsletter articles.
- Upon request, prepare materials for and present workshops, short courses, and webinars.
- Execute contract research projects.
- PhD, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry
- Doctoral or industrial research experience related to HTRI's mission and a proven record of successful research endeavors
- Knowledge of precedents, practices, and principles of heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and chemistry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
Preferred but not essential: Industrial or research experience in cooling water fouling
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Send résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
PO Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA
HTRI is a smoke-free/vaping-free workplace.