Careers - Application Developer
HTRI seeks an individual to develop applications used by HTRI corporate departments. This position is based at our Navasota, Texas headquarters.
- Write programs, end-user applications, and reports against data stores (including the SAP platform) using SQL and Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Write applications using Object-Oriented Programming principles in languages such as C+, C#, C, and Visual Basic
- Document software implementation details using diagrams, charts, and coding logic flowcharts
- Implement and monitor effective backup strategy for corporate databases
- Create import scripts for moving legacy data into the research database
- Monitor hardware resource usage by corporate databases
- Work with other staff to resolve bugs in existing Ruby or Python code bases
- Document updates made in the research database systems
- Write tests to improve the fidelity of certain procedures
- BS, Computer Science
- Experience with SQL and general database knowledge
- Knowledge of general programming languages such as Ruby, Python, and C#
- Ability to communicate with colleagues to identify problems, recommend solutions, and define requirements
Individual must possess authorization to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Send résumé and transcripts to
Heat Transfer Research, Inc.
PO Box 1390
Navasota, TX 77868 USA
HTRI is a smoke-free/vaping-free workplace.